Lip Care FAQ
1. Is lip care necessary?
The skin that covers our lips is very thin and extremely delicate, so that is why it’s important to make sure you are always keeping them hydrated and moisturized with healthy lip masks, lip serums and lip balms. It is fairly easy for our lips to become dry, chapped and dehydrated due to the exposure from the sun, wind and cold, dry air. Applying sunscreen daily, incorporating lip scrubs twice a week and using lip products with healthy lip oils will ensure a soft and healthy pout.
2. How can I take care of my lips?
- Exfoliate: This step is super important and is often overlooked. Exfoliating your lips should be done once to twice a week to maintain healthy nourished lips.
- Hydrate: Did you know? Your lips do not contain any oil glands, which means your lips are more likely to dry out quicker than your face. Keeping your lips hydrated with lip masks or lip serums is so important. We recommend using our Lip Honee Serum, infused with 100% real honey, every night before bed! Drinking enough water daily will also assist in keeping your lips moisturized.
- Lip Masks: Lip Masks are highly recommended. Sometimes, your lips need some extra tender loving care, and this is an amazing step to incorporate into your skincare routine. Our Lip Satins are formulated with hyaluronic acid and organic blue agave to help lock in moisture and give your lips the nourishment it needs, this collection works wonders when worn before bed!
3. How often should you moisturize your lips?
To keep your lips moisturized, we recommend applying a lip serum or lip balm consistently throughout the day. Our Lip Honee Serum is safe to use every day and night; it is made specifically to help sustain healthy nourished lips.
4. Are lip scrubs bad for your lips?
Some lip scrubs can be too abrasive and can actually be very harmful to the lips. So it is very important to read the ingredient list to avoid harsh chemicals.
5. Can I use a lip scrub everyday?
We wouldn’t recommend using lip scrubs everyday. Lip scrubs are meant to be used once or twice a week. Over exfoliating can lead to dry and chapped lips. Exfoliating once to twice a week can assist in removing dead skin cells.
6. Can you leave lip scrubs on overnight?
It’s a bad idea to leave a lip scrub on your lips overnight. Lip scrubs are meant to be gently rubbed onto your lips for 30 seconds and then wiped away. What you can use instead is our Lip Honee Serum, as it is safe to leave on your lips overnight.
7. Do lip scrubs make your lips bigger?
It is known that lip scrubs can help to make your pout look more plump! But, they do not make your lips bigger. If anything, they will give you a bigger effect, but only for a few minutes.
8. How can I get smooth lips fast?
To get smooth lips fast, you want to start incorporating lip serums and lip masks into your skincare routine. Our Lip Honee Serum in combination with our Lip Satin's can help you quickly achieve smooth lips. Our Satin's are safe to use every day and night and safe to use 2 times a week when using it to double mask with our honee serums.