Lip Care FAQ
1. Is lip care necessary?
The skin that covers our lips is very thin and extremely delicate, so that is why it’s important to make sure you are always keeping them hydrated and moisturized with healthy lip masks, lip serums and lip balms. It is fairly easy for our lips to become dry, chapped and dehydrated due to the exposure from the sun, wind and cold, dry air. Applying sunscreen daily, incorporating lip scrubs twice a week and using lip products with healthy lip oils will ensure a soft and healthy pout.
2. How can I take care of my lips?
- Exfoliate: This step is super important and is often overlooked. Exfoliating your lips should be done once to twice a week to maintain healthy nourished lips. Try using our sugar lip scrubs, Vanilla and Grapefruit. Not only does it smell amazing, it’s super moisturizing and is 100% edible. Use our Kiss Erasers or your fingertips, rub in our sugar lip scrub onto your lips in a circular motion for 30 seconds and either lick or wash away! Avoid over-exfoliating as it can damage and dry out your lips.
- Hydrate: Did you know? Your lips do not contain any oil glands, which means your lips are more likely to dry out quicker than your face. Keeping your lips hydrated with lip masks or lip serums is so important. We recommend using our Lip Honee Serum, infused with 100% real honey, every night before bed! Drinking enough water daily will also assist in keeping your lips moisturized.
- Lip Masks: Lip Masks are highly recommended. Sometimes, your lips need some extra tender loving care, and this is an amazing step to incorporate into your skincare routine. We love using our Lip Patches, as each lip patch is infused with collagen, hyaluronic acid and retinol to keep those lips toned, plump and hydrated.
3. How often should you moisturize your lips?
To keep your lips moisturized, we recommend applying a lip serum or lip balm consistently throughout the day. Our Lip Honee Serum is safe to use every day and night; it is made specifically to help sustain healthy nourished lips.
4. Are lip scrubs bad for your lips?
Some lip scrubs can be too abrasive and can actually be very harmful to the lips. So it is very important to read the ingredient list to avoid harsh chemicals. The sugar crystals in our Vanilla and Grapefruit sugar lip scrubs have a soft and creamy consistency packed with lip loving oils.
5. Can I use a lip scrub everyday?
We wouldn’t recommend using lip scrubs everyday. Lip scrubs are meant to be used once or twice a week. Over exfoliating can lead to dry and chapped lips. Exfoliating once to twice a week can assist in removing dead skin cells.
6. Can you leave lip scrubs on overnight?
It’s a bad idea to leave a lip scrub on your lips overnight. Lip scrubs are meant to be gently rubbed onto your lips for 30 seconds and then wiped away. What you can use instead is our Lip Honee Serum, as it is safe to leave on your lips overnight.
7. Do lip scrubs make your lips bigger?
It is known that lip scrubs can help to make your pout look more plump! But, they do not make your lips bigger. If anything, they will give you a bigger effect, but only for a few minutes.
8. How can I get smooth lips fast?
To get smooth lips fast, you want to start incorporating lip serums and lip masks into your skincare routine. Our Lip Honee Serum in combination of our Lip Patches can help you quickly achieve smooth lips. Our Lip Patches are safe to use two to three times a week by leaving the lip-patch on your lips for 5 minutes, and then finish off by applying our Lip Honee Serum.